Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Future is Dark...

So, after a long time I am writing something. This time a bit serious and with my way of communication. There are some things which we already know but need something extra to communicate them in a best possible way. So here it is..read on...and make sure you see my design at the end, its a thought that I want to share.

A few weeks back on a weekend I had gone to my uncle's place at Dombivli. It was not a planned trip as I had gone for my sis's admission at Kharghar and landed spending my weekend in Dombivli because there was no one at my place and it was a better idea to spend some time with my cousins.

It was a lovely day spent and then came the frightening night. No no no...there was no ghost or something but there was no ELECTRICITY. Yes it has been like a daily routine for them that the electricity is cut because of load shading for at least 2 hours and 2 times a day (afternoon and night)...that too in such a hot conditions. So we had sleep (actually try sleeping) without fans on and mosquitoes giving us their company.

Next day we were heading back to Mumbai and I came across something which was really sick. At 11 o clock in the morning the road lights were on at Maheshwari Udyan. That was not first time I saw that but yes this time it made me think.

We keep lights on in the morning when there is no need, we use electricity for floodlights in cricket matches (just imagine how much electricity must have used for the entire IPL season), So much electricity is used in the malls and marriages. On the other hand we do load shading when there is a big need of electricity just to live a normal life. I think its very contradictory. Also the point is how much electricity is conserved compared to how much it is wasted? Yes unfortunately the proportion is very less!

If we keep on wasting so much electricity, then the future is dark. We gotta do something about it now to make the future bright and shining.








No comments:

Post a Comment